Utilizes telephonic interaction to perform assessment and to facilitate caller access to the appropriate level of care primarily through referral to health care providers. Coordinates activities associated with facilitation of local, regional and international patient transfers to, and from, CCAD.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Facilitates timely patient transfer in and out of CCAD.
– Processes patient transfer requests in accordance with established protocols, standard and exception scripting, recorded conference calls, electronic records and specialized software applications
– Serves as liaison for outside referring physicians and facilities for ambulatory visits
– Liaises with Financial Counselors to confirm financial clearance
– Conducts activities in collaboration with Bed Management, House Supervisors and accepting /receiving Staff Physician
– Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other healthcare team members in planning to meet patient needs
– Communicates admission and transfer details among sending and receiving sites, emergency departments, transport companies, Financial Counselors and others as appropriate
– Performs telephonic assessment of patients using the Schmidt Thompson protocol as tools
– Utilizes clinical knowledge to determine appropriate appointment type and urgency
– Schedules appointments, provides scheduling information, instructions and directions to patient or designee when required
– Facilities triage disposition to the appropriate service at the appropriate time
CLINICAL / PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
– Demonstrates the ability to utilize the triage nursing process, critical thinking and independent decision making
– Utilizes astute clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills to create a seamless patient experience with optimal outcomes
– Leads the caregiver team in the delivery of patient care collaborating with other disciplines to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
– Apply relationship-building values and the principles of team dynamics to perform effectively in different team roles to plan and deliver patient/population-centered care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable
– Maintains confidentiality with patients and families and adheres to Mubadala Code of Conduct
– Demonstrates active participation in resource stewardship.
– Provides feedback on strategies to decrease costs, adherence to safe staffing models, and use of high-cost resources
– Performs assigned duties as required
– Work with individuals of other professions to maintain a climate of mutual respect and shared values
– Communicate with patients, families, communities, and other health professionals in a responsive and responsible manner that supports a team approach to maintaining health and treatment of disease;
– Communicates with patients families in a courteous, helpful manner, endeavouring to resolve issues at the unit/department level
– Communicates patient clinical information clearly and accurately, documenting pertinent information in medical record and ensuring complete documentation of patient care.
PRACTICE-BASED LEARNING; PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
– Accountable for establishing, maintaining and evaluating one’s own lifelong learning needs
– Committed to the development of fellow caregivers, Emirati nationals, and one’s profession
SYSTEMS-BASED LEARNING; PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
– Participates in safety education programs and cause analysis as required
– Reports needed changes in practice supported by evidence;
– Participating in research or quality improvement initiatives.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online