This position is responsible for evaluating patients referred to speech therapy, organizing and implementing individualized therapeutic programs with patients, recording patient progress and response to treatment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assesses complex/undifferentiated abnormalities (e.g. Second Opinions) and develops the necessary treatment plans
• Adopts a patient centered approach to practice
• Performs a comprehensive evaluation on each patient utilizing recognized and standardized assessment protocols relevant to the patient’s condition
• Uses standardized outcome measures to quantify the patient’s status.
• With the relevant qualifications and experience, performs video-fluoroscopic studies, video-endoscopic evaluations, and video-laryngoscopic evaluations to contribute in evaluation of Dysphagia and Dysphonia.
• Interprets and reports test results to facilitate medical diagnosis in partnership with the referring physician
• Determines therapeutic plan, including the need for therapy, frequency of treatment, focus for intervention and duration of therapy
• Administers therapeutic interventions that are evidence based to address highlighted problems.
• Selects assistive devices to improve patient’s communication, inclusive of speaking valves for tracheotomized patients and voice prosthesis for laryngectomies patients.
• Facilitates active participation of the patient in service provision
• Acts as an advocate on behalf of the patient to protect the patient’s health, safety and rights.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online