Responsible for managing all aspects of the PLMI Phlebotomy Section, ED Laboratory and OR Laboratory. This person will also be responsible for the strategic planning, development, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of the safety, environment and emergency preparedness programs throughout PLMI. This responsibility includes designing programs and procedures to control, eliminate and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. Also responsible for conducting inspections and enforcing adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of staff, patients and visitors to the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Provides leadership / guidance to staff in goal setting, problem solving, resource management and outcome achievement
– Oversees the running of Phlebotomy, Outpatient Lab, ED Lab and OR Lab and ensures all necessary regulatory requirements are met.
– Leads the Institutional Biological Safety Committee (requirement for ISO 15189 and CWA 15793:2008) plus other Pathology safety committees/groups
– Drives safety improvement projects as a leader and facilitator
– Directs the coordination of the emergency preparedness program; ensuring that equipment, procedures and training are in compliance with facility, CCAD and UAE requirements
– Collects and disseminates safety information related to hazardous materials, personal protective devices and safe work practices
– Assumes leadership position in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the auditing process and procedures
– Leads the safety team and organization in meeting UAE legislative requirements related to Environment Health Safety Management Plan
– Investigates the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance
– Ensures all Clinical and Technical personnel relating to these areas are licensed and adhering to the necessary SOPs, Quality requirements as well as Safety requirements.
– Develops new and revises existing standards and procedures consistent with the mission of the facility, current recognized international best practice and applicable UAE legislation
– Uses the safety standards as a framework to create procedures on safe work practices organization-wide, within specific departments/areas, or for particular risk factors and issues within the workplace
– Develops training and educational programs related to safety, fire protection, emergency preparedness, hazardous materials etc.
– Ensures training / education is implemented, evaluated and improved on a regular basis
– Acts as a key resource for employees and safety staff
– Maintains master inventory of hazardous materials and ensures that materials are handled properly
– Participates in environmental care audits and assists all departments in completing the recommended corrective actions
– Performs random audits to identify opportunities for improvement; ensures reports are appropriate prior to distribution
– Monitors follow-up to ensure corrective actions are completed
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online