Performs device analysis and programming for cardiac implantable electronic devices
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Facilitates optimal clinical effectiveness of arrhythmia management of implantable devices through the application of technical knowledge and skills to evaluate and manage device function.
– Performs a variety of tests such as determining capture and sensing thresholds of implanted leads, device and lead integrity and safety, and making mathematical calculations to determine optimum safety values of arrhythmia devices, in order to assess device function. Provides routine and urgent device interrogation, analysis and programming changes to various areas of the hospital including acute care, critical care, operating rooms, radiology and outpatient clinics and notifies physician of results
– Participates in the care, management and follow-up of remote monitoring transmissions as well as arrhythmia device advisories and recalls in collaboration with the team and as per CCAD policy.
– Reviews and maintains records relevant to patient history, vital signs and device details.
– Acts as a resource to physicians and other health providers relevant to device functions by providing information, demonstrating appropriate use of equipment, and troubleshooting device functions
– Maintains equipment and relevant supplies
– Performs the duties of a Cardiovascular Technologist as required, including a variety of tests such as stress testing, Holter and event monitor analysis and interpretation.
- Documents full report including patient assessment, device interrogation, analysis and programming changes as per CCAD policy.
– Participates in research projects and quality improvement initiatives as required.
– Participates in the instruction/orientation of caregivers to cardiac devices
– Performs other related duties as assigned.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online