The Vice President Media is responsible for developing robust global media strategies and planning frameworks & tools to optimize ROI on media investment for the Emirates Group. The role holder will help drive innovation and excellence across all media disciplines, with particular focus on paid digital channels. He / she will be accountable for performance managing our Global Media Agency and a team of in-house Media Managers / Specialists, while managing the company’s relationships with key global media suppliers as required.
– Design and develop global media channel strategies as part of the Annual Planning process, based on consumer, brand, and channel insights. Build strong relationships with Advertising, Digital, Social Media, and Sponsorships to drive an effective and efficient customer centric media strategy.
– Drive engagement across key digital and non digital channels, focusing on all investments in display advertising including retargetting. Partner with SVP Digital to integrate and optimize data across the digital performance marketing mix, improve the use of analytics and attribution modelling, and ensure appropriate investment based on campaign objectives.
– Act as an authority and owner of all paid media investment activities. Develop and implement a governance model which guides, oversees and optimizes brand and performance marketing activities as it applies to manual and programmatic campaign planning and investment. Develop frameworks to set benchmarks and monitor Agency trading effectiveness in offline & online media. Implement a process for regular review of trading strategies against commercial and brand objectives, media cost-efficiency and added value delivery at a pan-national and market level, working with senior leadership in the Agency to take corrective action, if required.
– Drive media agency conversations to improve performance globally and across regions. Responsible to ensure agencies deliver against SLAs. Negotiate, together with P & L, agreements and contracts with media agency and auditors. Enable global and regional brand audits to ensure commitments are being fulfilled.
– Ensure robust provision of syndicated research data (ie: Roy Morgan, Neilsen), providing EK with a clear understanding of the EK addressable market in all territories in which the airline operates. Ensure the onboarding of new markets is managed quickly and seamlessly, supporting our operational expansion. Identify, obtain and use first and third party data to drive investment decisions and optimize plans.
– Manage the annual corporate media budget, based on sound strategic and tactical needs that take into account investments being made behind the brand in other comms disciplines such as sponsorships, PR, social, etc.
– Identify and manage strategically appropriate long-term media partners for Emirates, to deliver strong cross-channel solutions to global and regional markets. Drive decisions concerning out vs insourcing media activities, particularly around the fast-changing area of programmatic and real-time bidding. Manage and ensure implementation of corporate media deals, driving negotiations and involving the media agency when necessary. Establish and implement guidelines and governance for integrated and collaborative agency planning and regular working relationships with creative, digital, PR and other contractual partners.
– Drive channel and regional innovation projects through the Media Managers and ensure their implementation in key markets. Mobilize the media team to be key contributors in the discussions around strategic communications planning as part of the Annual Planning process, both at a regional and global level.
– Directly lead the media team and guide them to improved performance and development to deliver expert consultancy across markets, industries, and channels. Ensure their skill set meets current needs and expectations, and stays up to date.
– Develop capability across CCMB to ensure efficient and effective utilisation of all resources (internal and external) towards delivery of maximized value of media spend.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Marketing & Media Communication : 10+ Years
Post Graduate Diploma (12+4 or equivalent) :
Qualifications: Post Graduate Diploma from a professional marketing institution, or a mrketing degree / post graduate degree from a university for example a diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing preferred Experience in a senior media role in an international media agency. Experience in the airline/travel industry would be a strong point. Supervisory/management experience required.
Knowledge/skills: Must have excellent knowledge of all aspects of international media planning and buying across traditinal and didgital channels
Leadership Role: YES
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online