As Vice President – Internal Audit (VP-IA), you will direct and manage a comprehensive internal audit program of work covering the functions and/or programs/projects/processes for your assigned portfolio. You will provide management with guidance and an independent appraisal of the status of risk and controls in your assigned portfolio to assist in management decision making and represent the SVP Internal Audit (SVP-IA) in all aspects of the work completed.
1. Support the SVP-IA strengthen audit governance across the VP’s portfolio and ultimately the Group, by providing a comprehensive view of how the portfolio’s/Group’s key interests are covered by Internal Audit and how the portfolio contributes to the Group’s risk agenda. Take a leadership role in relevant change initiatives and responsibility for the consistent application of agreed improvements within the portfolio. Use Department metrics/key performance indicators to effectively govern the Internal Audit Department’s involvement in the portfolio.
2. Develop audit plans for providing a professional audit service to the assigned portfolio by using specialist industry knowledge, risk assessments together with better practices sourced from the Department, personal experience and/or profession. Prepare plans for SVP – IA review/approval and in coordination with the Managers, Internal Audit (MIAs) and Regional Audit Managers (RAMs) working in these business areas.
3. Deploy leading edge audit services, maintaining a balance between achieving the audit plan, training and developing Internal Audit department personnel and responding to client requests while delivering services of an appropriate quality and compliant with applicable professional standards. Identify risks facing the Group through continuous interaction with business leadership at relevant levels of the organization. Provide specialist support to management with a view of assisting line managers improve revenue inflows, reduce costs, enhance operational efficiency and improve risk/management/control effectiveness.
4. Embrace diversity and grow talent – set measurable team and personal goals including a defined career development plan for top talent performers as well as performance improvement plans for underperformers. Continuously assess training needs of IA staff relevant in the Department and provide teams with the requisite tools and skill sets to perform their jobs. Act as a role model and lead by example in the execution of the annual audit plan and the adoption of internal change initiatives. Provide guidance to managers and analysts in the execution and timely completion of assignments.
5. Drive continuous improvement – support the SVP-IA and/or collaborate with other Department VPs to deliver leading edge solutions to the business. Continuously review and assess effectiveness through Department metrics/key performance indicators. Leverage relationships/associations with various professional bodies (such as IIA, IAAIA, ISACA etc.) to share better practices and new developments impacting the profession and the industry.
6. In each VP-IA assigned portfolio, take responsibility for developing the Department’s capabilities in this area including personnal development/resourcing, annual/specific project planning inputs and quality assurance reviews of audits completed, and for building/maintaining relationships with other risk and assurance providers in this space.
7. Within each VP-IA portfolio, confirm audit approaches taken conform with Internal Auditing Standards and the Code of Ethics promulgated by the IIA. The audit exposure in each of these portfolios extends to financial, commercial and operational activities incorporated within these business areas. Accordingly approaches taken should consider the nature of financial transactions, commercial decisions, operational systems/ procedures and the tangible and non-tangible assets relating to each portfolio.
Specific Areas Of Responsibility
dnata & Group Ventures/Operations Portfolio:
dnata including dnata Travel, dnata UAE Operations and Group Ventures within the UAE and overseas (currently various travel, Airport handling, catering and other aviation related lines of business)
Emirates Airline/Commercial Portfolio:
Emirates: Emirates Airline including its overseas locations (commercial operations, finance, airport operations, call centres (as appropriate) and cargo). Head office activities including Commercial, Corporate Communications Marketing & Brand, Facilities, Operations (Airports, Engineering, Flight Operations and Service Delivery) and Procurement/Logistics.
Group Services and Program/Integrity Assurance Portfolio:
Group head office activities including Central Services, Human Resources, and Service Departments (Corporate Treasury, Group Finance, Information Technology, Insurance, Group Legal and Management Accounting). IT includes the Group’s investment in business applications, technology equipment, related facilities and databases as well as key functions including cyber security and other outsourced/internal management processes. Program/project management activities across all portfolios – from both an information technology and non-information technology perspective. Audit activities to range from business case reviews, pre-implementation reviews, program/project health checks and post implementation reviews.
Integrity assurance including the development of an annual program of proactive detection work, the Department’s surprise audit program across all portfolios and manage the Department’s involvment in the Groups confidential reporting process.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
– Internationally recognised accounting (ACA/CPA) or similar professional qualification with specialisation in financial/operational and/or commercial auditing, financial analysis and business processes. If the VP portfolio includes IT, the job holder should have at least 10 years of experience in IT and/or ISA and should hold a current Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
– 12+ years’ experience at a senior level in an accounting, auditing and/or similar professional/commercial function with at least five years in auditing, performing the role of a senior audit executive, preferably with exposure to the travel/transportation industry. Experience in managing an audit function and providing proactive assistance to management in evaluating and managing risks
– Breadth and depth of knowledge and skills covering the whole gamut of their respective portfolio and should have the aptitude and capacity to constantly upgrade this knowledge and skills to keep pace with the rapid changes taking place in the business as well as the travel/transportation industry more broadly
– Specialist knowledge of risk and assurance concepts, standards and global better practices
– Strategic thinking to evolve the appropriate approaches to audit analytics and continuous auditing/monitoring and should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as leadership skills.
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. This managerial role has extensive travel benefits, excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation and transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online