– Responsible for the strategy and design of Emirates’ multi-context, multi-channel digital User Experience with the primary aim of driving revenue and of addressing customer needs in line with their expectations and in line with the Emirates’ Brand promise.
– Build a world-class customer experience across all digital touch points by adopting and deploying design processes, digital guidelines, technologies and digital platforms
– Lead, direct and manage digital initiatives for web and mobile platforms at Emirates Group by managing a team of Digital Product Managers, UX Designers and Content/Production Specialists, as well as third party vendors.
– To lead a transformational change process aiming to establish a culture of continuous optimization and effective collaboration between CCMB, IT and Commercial and to test ideas for enhancements with real customers to understand the impact on conversion before going into production.
– Define a strategic UX vision and UX guidelines across all digital touch points in line with Emirates’ Brand and its strategic business objectives
– Ensure effective and consistent user experience and design language across the Emirates Group
– Lead a cultural transformation process aiming to effectively integrate the design and technical implementation processes for new enhancements and to measure the success (or failure) of new ideas through through live testing (A/B, multi-variate and usability tests of changes and new ideas) prior to changes going live.
– Be a company wide advocate for agile technology delivery together with key counterparts in IT and lead the evolution of Emirates’ digital UX and its content strategy based on user-centric agile principles. Act as a center of knowledge within Corporate Communications and the organization wide.
– Lead a team of User Experience Specialists (IBE, Self-Service, Non-IBE, Apps, etc.), UX Designers and Content Specialists who create intuitive and integrated user interfaces and who manage the roadmap for website and mobile platform UX changes pro-actively in close collaboration with Commercial and IT as well as to drive best practises regarding UX design, deployment, continuous optimization and quality assurance.
– Influence with key stakeholders to conceptualize, define, prioritize, design, test and implement UX enhacements. Lead the overall UX design process including requirement definition, prototyping, testing, and deployment
– Identify and drive user experience and product innovations. Influence senior stakeholders to obtain buy-in and drive a broader innovation agenda within CCMB
– Develop and maintain a usability guidelines framework considering quality and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) requirements for any party who makes changes to our digital UX (ie: CCM&B, outstation staff or agencies)
– Manage assigned cost centre/s by planning, setting and monitoring the respective budgets to ensure that agreed targets are met and costs controlled. Establish SMART objectives, career development plans and training for direct reports and provide appropriate mentoring and coaching. Conduct timely annual and interim performance reviews to cultivate a high performance culture. Develop and implement a KPI framework of digital user experience in order to track and measure performance against standards
– Identify and develop relationship with suitable vendors / suppliers, providing required products and services to the team. Manage and optimise vendor relationships in terms of SLAs, costs, quality and effectiveness
– Collaborate closely with key counterparts in IT and commercial as well as the partner digital departments, particularly in the areas of SEO, Social Media, Analytics, Digital Marketing.
– Responsible for managing an annual budget, ensuring that expenditures are managed and any variances are controlled effectively working closely with Finance, VP Digital Marketing Communications and User Experience, IT and Product Management Teams
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– University degree in a related field
– 5 to 10 years of experience with a leading global organisation with strong online presence as well as strong strategic focus on UX and content
Knowledge / Skills
– Strategic mindset and ability to influence in a complex matrix situation
– Ability to define and articulate strategy
– Proven ability to define and implement new approaches to complex problems
– Proven ability to establish best practice models in UK and content management
– Extensive expertise regarding an iterative UX design approach (build, test, deploy, measure, optimise, test, deploy etc)
– Experience in web and mobile front end design and development strongly desired
– Strong visual design skills including motion design
– Experience designing across multiple device types and contexts (desktop, mobile, accessories)
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online