In this role, your main responsibilities include;
• To monitor daily inbound and outbound shipments and process the movements through SAP GTS Customs module for handling by appointed Customs Broker.
• To update ABB product HTS / ECCN information via GTS and Amber Road where necessary.
• To understand Customs procedures, ensure the relevant declarations are correctly made and carry out reporting to ensure compliance.
• To comply with Company policies and procedures notably those associated to GDLI-30.
• Working closely with colleagues in Supply Chain domain to ensure the realization of a seamless supply chain.
• Ensuring all records are maintained and archived correctly.
• Providing reporting as required on day to day activities.
• Managing the movement of products in and out of various countries in accordance with organizational policy and procedure and to comply with relevant local, country and international laws and process.
• Managing the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective and lawful execution of all import / export activities.
• Maintaining and sharing with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
• Communicating with export and import related authorities and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities.
• Anticipating, researching and reporting on future changes in import / export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensuring such knowledge is factored into the planning of the company’s own strategy, resources and procedures.
• Planning and implementing import / export strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the company.
• Monitoring and reporting on results relating to import / export activities.
• Planning and managing the effective and necessary conversation of weights, sizes, values and quality standards interpretations between importing and exporting systems and territories.
• Managing language and communications translation issues and activities as necessary to enable effective relations, distribution and integration of imported / exported products in conjunction with the various supply chain managers / administrators.
As the ideal candidate, you will have good understanding and working knowledge of SAP GTS Customs module, Good working knowledge and understanding of SAP, Good understanding of the way the Customs HTS work and confidently apply HTS to ABB products with support of the business, Comprehensive understanding of Export Control laws and how to apply Export Control classifications, Solid understanding of valuation and origin principles, Good understating of National customs procedures (eg. IPR), Experience in logistics, preferably with a mix of air / sea / roadways, Ideally 02- 05 years’ experience of Shipping or Import / Export procedures and documentation, Have a strong understanding and application of customs formalities, Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Have the ability to build effective relationships with customers and manufacturers, Be well – organized, flexible and adaptable with good planning and time management skills, Have the ability to work on your own initiative, Be a very strong and flexible team player.
ABB reserves the right to withdraw the job publication at any given moment.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online