Your main tasks will be the following-
– Pro-active participation in Tender/ Capture team during the kick-off and tender progress meetings for selected target projects
– Identification of sourcing related opportunities and critical commercial, fiscal and legal conditions of the client´s tender specification and ensure flow over to the bidding documentation to suppliers / contractors
– Develops schedules, estimates, forecasts, and budgets to support all procurement requirements under the tender and project.
– Issue the project related Tender Sourcing Plan (TSP) based on the overall tender strategy, identified sourcing related opportunities and critical project conditions under consideration of the overall PG global/ territory sourcing strategies
– Collaborate with tender teams to identify new suppliers and supplier changes, and ensures customer approval for tender/project supplier list.
– Document the TSP in the PGGI standard “TSP Template”, if not retrieved from ABB Procure
– Communicate the TSP to the local tender team and involve Territory Category Leaders (Cables & Subcontracts); Lead Strategic Sourcing Manager (Transformers, MV&HV GIS) respectively Global Strategic Sourcing Manager for affected commodities
– Receive approval of the TSP from Tender Engineer and LPG Manager and Local SCM
– Ensure that RfQ’s are issued in compliance to the TSP (incl. tender specific terms & conditions)
– Define, together with Strategic Sourcing Team, the target price for main equipment
– Supporting tender responsible in issuing the project budget and time schedule by providing timely and accurately input from suppliers´ quotations incl. provision/ commitment of anticipated qualified improvement potentials
– Ensure that suppliers/ subcontractors considered in ABB´s tender to the client are qualified according to ABB Supplier Qualification Process (SQP) and Sub-Contractor Qualification Process (CQPQ).
– If necessary ensure adequate qualification measures
– Issue together with tender responsible the tender specific list of vendors (subcontractors) to be used in our bid to the client
– Ensuring that supplier quotations remain valid until final placement of Purchase Order or until confirmation of tender project has been lost
– Provide required sourcing related information for Risk Reviews
– Participate in won-/ lost-order analysis and communicate sourcing relevant information to local-, Territory-, Global Strategic Sourcing Manager
– Ensures cost reduction targets (cost reduction, cost avoidance, TCI, etc) are met and timely reported in compliance to both group based targets as well as tender/project specific targets.
– Ensure a TSP is available and updated for all tenders worked on; including all schedules, estimates, forecasts, and budgets to support all procurement requirements.
– Coordinate and issue all sourcing review data for inclusion into the risk reviews.
– Provide all data (e.g. savings data, OTD performance, quality data, etc) to the LPG/PGGI-HBU SCM Manager on a monthly basis for inclusion into the monthly report matrix to be submitted to the BU SCM Manager
– Ensure a PPP is available and updated for all projects worked on; including all schedules, estimates, forecasts, and budgets to support all procurement requirements. This should include all expediting data as well as spend data as a minimum.
– Provide all data (e.g. savings data, OTD performance, quality data, etc) to the LPG/PG SCM Manager on a monthly basis for inclusion into the monthly report matrix to be submitted to the BU SCM Manager
– Ensures purchase order generation, invoice reconciliation, etc are in compliance with the requirements of the local unit.
– Ensures an accurate and up to date claims and opportunities register is available for review as required by the project team and/or management for all purchased items (where applicable).
Ideally you will have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or business administration or any other qualification that is deemed suitable for the role with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a project environment and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a supply chain function along with procurement experience of tailored equipment.Good knowledge of processes in industrial, large and complex or turnkey contracts and strength in commercial/legal aspects of purchasing is required Apart from this excellent communication & proven negotiation skills is a must.
Please note: ABB reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: .Apply Online