Your main tasks will be the following-
• Lead the supply chain management function in the HBU in line with the division and BU SCM strategy and in close co-ordination with the HBU BU manager.
• Ensure that appropriate KPIs are implemented in the LPG / LBU SCM organizations and monitor the actual performance and achievements at least on a monthly basis. Report HBU SCM performance to the BU SCM manager in alignment with the BU governance structure.
• Ensure in alignment with the LPG / LBU manager and BU SCM manager that corrective actions are taken in case of underperformance.
• For categories managed by global category managers, ensure that the category managers receive sufficient market and demand input from the region, and that the category strategies and in particular the respective supplier classification are adhered to.
• For categories managed in the HBU (e.g. civil & installation), ensure that supply markets and demand patterns are known and understood, that appropriate category strategies are defined in alignment with the business management and these strategies consider potential synergies in the HBU.
• Ensure forward looking demand visibility in the HBU, and ensure that demands within the HBU, but also across HBUs are bundled to maximize leverage on the supply chain.
• Support the LPG / LBU managers in the selection, evaluation and development of LPG / LBU SCM managers. Coach and develop LPG / LBU SCM managers.
• Review implementation of the integration of SCM in the LPG tender and execution processes and define jointly with the LPG, HBU and local division SCM manager corrective actions where required.
• Ensure that all applicable group, division and BU SCM processes, instructions and guidelines are trained and implemented in the HBU organization. Where appropriate, facilitate the implementation of SCM maturity assessment and ensure follow up of respective action plans. Standardize SCM processes and tools in the HBU, in line with BEC – SCM (former Group Function – SCM) or Divisional best practices, and ensure that SCM capacity can be balanced as required.
• Monitor that the SCM organizations in the HBU have the mandate for the complete internal and external spend, including specifically the mandate for contracted services. Monitor and ensure that the SCM organizations in the HBU are adequately staffed with regards to both headcount and competence.
Ideally you will have a bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least 7-10 years experience of managing a team, preferably in a project business environment. Strong knowledge in supply chain managment is required.SAP knowledge will be preferred.
Please note: ABB reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online