Responsible for the developing and implementing strategies for procurement, contract and vendor management for a defined portfolio of contracts/commodities ( Ground Handling, Cargo Handling, Airport Relationships) . To achieve the lowest total cost of purchase/ownership and optimum terms & conditions in accordance with best procurement techniques. This will include issue of tenders, direct supplier negotiations, preparation and evaluation of options available, critical assessment of business risk associated with options and different scenarios in order to develop the best negotiating strategies, preparation of written contracts and administration of all contracts. Where appropriate, these functions should be done in close co-operation with customer and support departments.
– Manage a team of procurement specialists to ensure that customer department activities are efficiently supported by Procurement while ensuring that the best commercial interests of the organisation are served.
– Manage full contract negotiation process for all contracts. These will include negotiations with suppliers, Government Authorities and any other third parties as appropriate.
– Management of the full tender process for purchasing and contracting including: sourcing, pre-qualification and evaluation of suppliers, preparation of the tender documents, administration of the tender process to ensure time scales are met, negotiation of terms & conditions, and evaluation of responses.
– Ensure contract administration for all contracts including writing of contracts (in liaison with Legal, Insurance, Finance and Customer Departments), communication with potential suppliers, post contract reviews etc. This would include development and adherence to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with suppliers and other stakeholders where relevant.
– Independently manage and authorise contracts and orders up to a value of AED 500,000. Where contract values exceed this financial limits, analyse and prepare management reports & recommendations for review & approval at VP & SVP level, as necessary.
– Develop and maintain a work programme of contracts due for negotiation, including pro-active identification of any opportunities for cost improvement.
– Account manage the requirements and concerns of Customer Departments at all times to ensure that the Customer Department is fully involved in the procurement process. The successful development with these relationships at SVP, VP & Grade 10 level is crucial to ensure efficient and effective supplier selection.
– Seek continuous improvement of the procurement process and procedures to ensure Emirates is at leading edge of industry practices.
– Proactively search for and identify opportunities for cost reduction wherever possible. Benchmark the performance of their sections against available statistics/indicators and identify areas for improvement. This will include knowledge of technical advances, market developments and other relevant changes in the supply market.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Procurement.Non-aircraft 10+ Years, (Preference: Ground Handling, Cargo Handling, Airport Relationships):
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
The job holder should be University Graduate in Business Admin or Commerce and preferred to be CIPS Qualified with a practical experience preferably in an Airline or other Blue Chip Organisation in the middle management level with strong financial acumen.
The job holder must have a proven track record of analytical decision-making, with strong commercial acumen. He/she must have strong organisational and negotiation skills. The job holder will often be required to influence the decision making process of line departments. To do so effectively, the job holder must have the interpersonal skills, experience and confidence to adequately deal with senior personnel.
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online