Devise, develop and implement the region’s revenue and marketing plans. Provide advice and support to DSVP Commercial and Country Managers in the formulation and implementation of long-and-short term strategies to sustain and secure all commercial opportunities in the region. Develop and execute plans that drive sales force towards achieving regional KPI’s in the areas of revenue, cost and route performance by advising corrective measures and influencing key stakeholders where appropriate. Deputise for DSVPCO and takes decisions on their behalf, where necessary, to ensure business continuity.
– Drive the implementation of short and long term strategic initiatives for each sales area, scrutinising forward booking trends, competitor activities, channel performance and market intelligence. The job holder is responsible for engaging with Country Managers and support departments and other Head Office teams in forecast meetings, and, as necessary, for sales and product development support. Co-ordinate with Country Managers and support departments prior to making appropriate tactical recommendations to DSVPCO/Pricing on promotional deals in order to stimulate and incentivise underperforming stations and/or create niche markets for Emirates on selected routes.
– Review and approve (in conjunction with DSVPCO/Finance) annual/quarterly corporate and agency incentive agreements for respective sales regions. Evaluate proposals submitted by outstations to ascertain that incentives are directed to the right agencies and that they are adequate to motivate agents to achieve Emirates revenue targets. Offer guidance to continuously refine incentive policies and coordinate closely with peers to establish global best practices.
– Advise Country Managers on developing appropriate area marketing plans to attain their revenue targets, and agree on these plans along with the expenditure budgets in consultation with the DSVP CO and Business Finance. Monitor and measure the effectiveness of business plans and advise corrective measures and/or new initiates where appropriate. Anticipate potential changes in local market dynamics and drive changes where necessary to ensure Emirates’ positioning is appropriate to market realities. Capitalise on local market knowledge and intelligence to champion and influence internal stakeholders to remain agile and adopt corrective measures in a timely manner.
– Offer guidance on market intelligence to revenue planning to ensure POS revenue targets are challenging and realistic. Present the revenue budget to the DSVPCO and the Country Managers across the region. Evaluate their feedback and take appropriate steps to revise targets. Provide critical commercial input for tactical amendments to the Operating Plan and develop alternative scenarios and sensitivities for the schedule changes in terms of demand/capacity equations, yield and revenue attainment, emerging economic and political scenarios from a point of sale and route perspective.
– Ascertain market conditions and review revenue forecasts periodically in light of anticipated changes in the market. Call for forums such as strategic regional / country sales conferences as appropriate, ensuring the emerged strategies and their implementations deliver desired results.
– Devise, establish and communicate a comprehensive project plan for new station start-ups in the region. Act as the sole point of contact to co-ordinate with all stake holders and monitor the progress to ensure preparations are timely, in line with the operating plan and ensure revenue and route profitability objectives are achieved.
– Support Country Managers to initiate negotiations where appropriate with key stakeholders within the region that are critical for commercial success such as Government officials, Tourism boards, and financial institutions. Evaluate potential partnerships and collaborate with Country Managers and other stakeholders to implement market specifics promotions in alignment with the short/long term regional sales strategies.
– Define KPI’s and key focus areas for the Business Analysis Managers and Sales Managers dedicated to the region. Provide direction and support for these managers and establish a development plan to induct them into the Commercial environment. Mentor and coach outstation staff (Country & Sales Mangers) in sustainable commercial practices by conducting periodic station / market evaluation visits.
– Develop sales strategies for offline markets in respective regions. Conduct financial and market evaluation of agencies prior to recommending new GSA/PSAs for emerging markets. Evaluate GSA representations on a regular basis to be able to advise DSVPCO on their effectiveness. Recommend structural and strategic changes essential to maximise revenue generation, route profitability and effective representation of Emirates in such markets as part of the on-going business development initiatives.
– Collaborate with Finance and Country Managers to support DSVP CO in establishing and approving the annual expense budgets for the region. Influence and implement cost management strategies particularly in the areas of local sales promotions, trade incentives, manpower costs and other station overheads. Drive GDS cost containment and wastage recovery strategy on a regional and country basis in conjunction with Manager, Global Distribution Systems and Country Manager, ensuring distribution costs are within limits. Link trade incentives and recoverable wastage to ensure the wastage recovery strategy is effective.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Honours Degree
– 10+ Years experience within an airline in business development and formulating marketing, sales and commercial strategies.
– Proven ability in implementing and driving business strategies across verticals.
– Proven ability to formulate business plans and present proposals that meet Commercial objectives to the Senior Management.
– Comprehensive understanding of cost budgets and the ability to engage in the process of budgeting and cost management.
– Excellent working knowledge of all commercial departments v/v the functional knowledge.
– Ability to engage with senior management and discuss business and corporate strategies is critical.
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online