Responsible for enabling the successful and efficient delivery of planned and unplanned audit projects by Internal Audit (the Department). This includes the continuous improvement of Department delivery and project management practices, audit delivery methods, project delivery processes, supporting tools, knowledge bases, and the execution of health checks. Support the Department’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in resolving scheduling conflicts and introducing new sources of skills and capabilities.
1. Develop and implement an audit delivery improvement roadmap based on industry benchmarks and drive the efficiency and evolution of IA delivery methods and procedures with a focus on business transformation, change management, and systems integration. The role holder will also be accountable for setting targets for improvement, goals for quality management, measuring the level of project management competence across the Department, keeping up to date on industry standards and research as well as providing specialist project management and delivery consultancy to support audit teams as required.
2. Provide advice and visibility on audit projects, including key reporting activities focused on risks, issues, schedules, financials, and relationships among projects and programs. Recommend and implement remedial actions and improvements to mitigate common risks and issues across the Department in collaboration with the SLT and the Department’s extended Leadership Team (LT).
3. Design and implement a framework for conducting audit delivery health checks to enable the proactive identification and resolution of major delivery risks/issues as well as measures to optimize delivery costs and the overall delivery success of projects.
4. Responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of recruitment and professional development assessment tools and processes that further optimise the sourcing of appropriate skills/competencies for the Department.
5. Drive effective mid to long term resource planning and management by forecasting and managing resource demand for active and future audit assignments. Identify trends and define, in collaboration with SLT and LT, the future sizing, structure and skills of each IA competency area. Liaise with HR Recruitment and HRBP to deliver the right resources at the right time based on agreed annual sourcing plans and active management of the Departments ongoing resource demands.
6. Manage and monitor the Department’s annual financial budget, audit project planning processes and interim term updates using inputs from each competency area (e.g., commercial, operations and group services). Monitor the Department’s actual expenditures and return on investment (ROI) based on the delivery of these budgets/plans.
7. Lead efforts to continuously evaluate Department planning, delivery and audit management systems. Drive technology enhancements and/or replacements to existing systems enabling improved audit planning and project delivery.
8. Establish a collaborative knowledge sharing and innovation platform for the Department to benefit from the re-use and leveraging of historical delivery information, easy and quick access to delivery methods as well as best practices and guidelines. Proactively manage the training and coaching of delivery methodologies, procedures, tools as well as new industry trends and practices for Department employees, contractors, consultants and guest auditors.
9. In conjunction with SLT, LT and audit team leaders, proactively oversee the Department’s execution of employee performance management activities and practices. Build on consistency within the evaluation and calibration approach used to assess individual performance contributions and rewards.
10. Foster and enable a high performance culture within the Talent& Audit Support (TAS) team to deliver services in line with requisite performance standards and productivity targets. Develop the team’s project and change management skills, system integration, functional and technical competencies to add further value to the Department and to transform the unit’s approach to service delivery.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Degree of Honours (12+3 or equivalent), PMP certification or other project or program management qualification is preferred
8+ yrs Program/project management
Risk and audit experience in a senior team or assignment management role preferred but not required.
Role holder to have worked on or managed various projects and programs, or been involved in a delivery function with both people management and leadership experience.
Extensive knowledge of project/program management practices
Professional skills: Relationship management, project/program management, supporting methods and tools; process improvement, people management, coaching and training skills.
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online