The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) has been established to serve as the institutional focal point for all administrative, contractual and financial matters related to sponsored research at PI. To fulfil this mission, the department is divided into four core functional units: Pre Award, Contracts & IP, Post Award and Operations.
The OSR is responsible for internally & externally sponsored research as well as unfunded research driven collaborations with academic & industrial partners. Through the functional units the OSR will support faculty, staff and student to further their cutting-edge research and develop PI into a world leading research institution.
The Pre-Award Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and subsequently managing the pre-award function to ensure all applications follow sponsor guidelines, PI guidelines and timelines, and adhere to all application regulations and requirements.
The Pre-Award Manager will provide guidance and oversight in the development of the technical research proposal, in coordination with other relevant research units, PI faculty, staff, departmental administrators and research personnel, as necessary. This position will be supported by a Pre-Award Analyst.
This role will work directly with the Director of the Office of Sponsored Research to ensure proper procedures and policies are in place to maintain compliance and efficiency of pre-award operations. This is particularly relevant as the Office of Sponsored Research has only recently been established.
· Advises and assists PI faculty, staff and other research personnel in the interpretation of industry/sponsor guidelines, forms, regulations and policies related to proposal and budgetary requirements.
· Ensures that research proposals, related documents and approvals, special considerations (e.g., budget, cost share, release time, space needs, etc.) are reviewed and approved by appropriate PI officials.
· Recommends approval of proposals to Director – Office of Sponsored Research (OSR).
· Prepares sponsor forms, including budgetary, application forms and representations/ certifications for inclusion with the proposal submission, as well as internal administrative forms.
· Reviews, commits and ensures accuracy of project cost share requirements, including the source, amount and authorized signatures of committed cost share wherever necessary.
· Coordinates with research collaborators (e.g., subcontractors, consultants, evaluators, vendors, etc.) to ensure their commitment and eligibility, and that all proposed financial documents (e.g., subcontract budget, vendor quotes, etc.) are current, accurate and complete.
· Submits completed proposals on behalf of the PI, ensuring that proposals are current, accurate, complete and in full compliance with sponsor and PI policies, procedures and other requirements.
· Serves as an authorized organizational representative and PI liaison to sponsors, subcontractors, and other entities with which the PI transacts business, as it relates to sponsored research proposals.
· Attends relevant internal and external professional development trainings, seminars and conferences, pre-award staff meetings, etc. (e.g., proposal development kick-off meetings).
· Coordinates pre-award sponsored research activities with other departments throughout the PI community.
· Supervise and train Pre-Award Analyst, as assigned, and serve as a mentor.
· May act on behalf of Director – OSR in their absence.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned.
· Assists PI faculty, staff, and students in the preparation and submission of research proposals and contracts.
· Assists faculty with budget preparation by using standard PI costing methodologies.
· Reviews grant applications prior to submission ensuring that all university and sponsor guidelines are met.
· Prepares sponsor and institutional forms and ensure that all submission deadlines are met.
· Manages and assist with grant application submission (paper and electronic).
· Routing of documentation for approval for all research proposals in a timely manner.
· Communicates with faculty and researchers on all issues related to pre-award administration.
· Coordinates with the Post-Award and Contracts & IP units to develop and maintain a comprehensive calendar that includes all sponsored project start dates, end dates, due dates, renewal dates as well as any other important dates related to grant submissions and renewals.
· Plans, directs and actively participates in ongoing training and professional development of self and subordinates.
· Work accomplishments are subject to Director – OSR review
· Other duties as assigned.
· Contribute to growing and nurturing a culture of R&D and associated competencies within PI.
· Work within specific guidelines and policies of the PI and exercise limited authority, responsibility and control in line with delegated authorities.
· Regular contact with research organizations, research universities, professional societies, laboratories, and associated faculty and researchers.
· Bachelors and at least 10 years of related Higher Education experience.
· Masters/ PhD and at least 6 years of related Higher Education experience preferred.
· Scientific/technical background in a subject directly related to PI disciplines would be advantageous.
· Must be able to work in a startup environment and have a broad knowledge of sponsored research practices
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online