In this role, your main responsibilities will include;
• Maintaining communication with transport service providers to place transport orders, receive confirmation, monitor important milestones.
• Planning and optimizing multi – leg (e.g. ocean and airfreight) and multi – segment (e.g. stop-offs) shipments.
• Managing and dispatching local fleet operations in any areas they are present. Ensuring that drivers are monitored and that customer service is provided on any local delivery needs and on all dedicated business.
• Calculating total transportation lead time and transport cost.
• Understanding different planning techniques including the functionality of transport management systems and load planning tools.
• Local transport market knowledge including equipment, port and airport operations as well as relevant restrictions and regulations.
• Carrier operating model knowledge.
• Know how to work with freight forwarders and transport providers.
• Ability to justify cost overruns when they occur
• Supporting Accounts Payable for freight payment reconciliation.
As an ideal candidate, you will have Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or logistics management from an accredited university / college, freight forwarding degree or 2 years of experience in transportation / supply chain experience is preferred, Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment, Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as fleet provider personnel, Strong written and verbal communications skills, Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook required, Experience in working with advanced TMS platforms such as Oracle TM, JDA TMS, INET, etc. preferred, Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency, Team player with flexibility in working different shifts, 3 – 5 years related experience in transport management or freight forwarding, Knowledge of transportation rules and regulations is a plus.
ABB reserves the right to withdraw the job publication at any given moment.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online