At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As Director, Food & Beverage, your leadership and vision will ensure outstanding operating results through exciting menu offerings and promotions, an engaged team and consistent guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the newly built Fairmont Ajman has opened May 2015. The hotel close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Actively participate in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the hotel, including financial forecasting, ensuring the delivery of our environmental commitments, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues.
• Lead and support all F&B departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities.
• Focus on building the hotels top line revenue by developing a Sales and Marketing strategy targeting both in-house and external customers; works with the Director of Sales and Marketing to incorporate the strategy into the overall hotel plan. Maximizes revenue by concentrating on both the average check and the number of covers.
• Develop and manage the Food and Beverage’s annual operating budget including capital expenditures to achieve or exceed budget expectations. Ensures successful performance by increasing profitability and providing a return on investment to the owner.
• Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Fairmont Hotels & Core Standards at all times.
• Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests.
• Plan and direct the daily activities of the F&B Division to ensure goals and targets are met.
• Develop, implement and monitor initiatives designed to achieve profitable results and superior service in all facets of F&B.
• Drive innovative promotions, menus and concepts; creating a destination of choice for both hotel and external guests.
• Implement effective control of food, beverage, labour and operating expenses throughout the F&B Division.
• Assess guest feedback and celebrate successes while solving challenges.
• Oversee the selection, training and development of all Colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and career growth.
• Ensure the implementation of standards of guest service and constantly seek out ways to improve product and service as well as increase volumes and profits.
• Manage in compliance with established company policies and procedures, as well as in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Actively participate in one of the Hotel’s employee committees.
-Previous experience as a F&B Director in a luxury hotel environment
– Experience at the Department Head level in a restaurant/bar environment, as well as Banquets or In Room Dining
– Pre-opening experience and/or experience in the Middle East would be an asset
– Proven record to coordinate multiple departments to make gains towards targeted GSI, GOP, CES results
-Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession
-Self-confident, proactive, and able to prioritize and make effective decisions
-Ability to build strong relationships, interact and influence others at all levels of the organization
-Exceptional communication skills, passionate, strategic and innovative
-Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
-University/College degree in a related discipline
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online