The selected candidate will direct and control all departmental activities on shift, act as point of contact and plan the availability of resources / equipment ensuring consistency, safe on-time performance and alignment with SLAs, standard operating procedures, shift demand and regulatory, legal and safety requirements.
– Works with dOCC (dnata Operations Control Centre) Resource Allocators to plan and control manpower resources on shift to optimise utilisation and save costs in line with the standard operating procedures ensuring compliance with safety and service standards
– Reviews the flight schedule and ensures that the resource plan is aligned to the work demand.
– Forecasts any operational issues and ensures the availability of resources in the case of manpower shortages or equipment breakdown / maintenance
– Deploys resources based on the information provided from resource planning to ensure availability of resources for all flights/activities
– Ensures that safety briefings are conducted regularly while intervening when there is risk exposure, role model safe behaviours and follows up on corrective actions
– Guides and leads Department Team Leaders to deliver the required services as per the shift requirements
– Discuss the shift challenges with the team and briefs on expectations and plan of action.
– Complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
– Acts as a role model for the desired safety behaviours and wears the appropriate PPE and ensures that work is conducted in a safe manner
– Ensures safety of staff and that they have the skills, knowledge, and confidence to work safely by providing support, direction for the desired safety behaviors and leading with safety
– Follows all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
– Communicates regularly with key stakeholders to provide them updates on department activities on shift
– Coordinates regularly with other officers on shift to ensure that quality services, resources and safe on-
– time performance are provided
– Contributes to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices, cost reduction and productivity improvement and feeds back to Department Management
– Ensures that all identified problems and escalated issues are resolved in a timely manner
– Develops the shift report summarizing shift performance and highlighting any service shortfalls and recommends solutions and corrective action
– Takes immediate action to rectify irregular operations in coordination with Flight Officer (where applicable), Service Delivery Managers and/or Manager dnata Operations through the deployment of resources on the shift for airside operations
Safety Sensitive Position: This role has been designated as a Safety Sensitive Position i.e. a position which involves activities where, because of risk to the individuals concerned or to others, the employee needs to have full, unimpaired control of their physical and mental capabilities. It will therefore be necessary for the provisionally selected candidate (if not working in a current safety sensitive position) to undergo a medical check- up with our Emirates Clinic for a fit to work evaluation, prior to a decision being taken to select / not select. There is no action to be taken at this stage, this is only for information.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online