Provide a tour guide, airport or hotel representation service to clients, maintaining high levels of customer service and promoting products to maximize revenue generation opportunities.
– Monitor service delivery standards and report any shortfall to head office, highlighting complaints and any remedial action taken.
– As the first point of contact for customer complaints, review and investigate those that arise and ensure regular progress updates are provided to the customer.
– Suggest ideas to improve operation and product lines to enable the business to be an innovative market leader (i.e. new and improved products, efficiency improvements, revenue generation ideas and cost reduction opportunities etc.).
– Monitor the UAE leisure market and communicate changes to head office to enable benchmarking of products against those of other DMC’s.
– ACCOUNTABILITIES SPECIFIC TO TOUR GUIDE
Conduct scheduled or ad-hoc guided tours covering historical sites and sites of tourist interest across the UAE, delivering information on the culture, traditions and customs of the region.
– Lead incentive and familiarization trips according to the specified program set for the clients and ensure the program runs smoothly according to the pre-arranged itinerary.
– Co-ordinate tourist attraction entry payments for clients, ensuring payment is collected in a timely manner and that it is submitted to head office in line with standard operating procedures.
– ACCOUNTABILITIES SPECIFIC TO HOTEL REPRESENTATIVE
Collate documentation (i.e. welcome packs, file cards etc.) prior to a customer arrival in-resort ensuring that all relevant information is available for them to plan their stay.
– Organize and deliver welcome meetings/presentations (within 24 hours of a customers arrival) ensuring comprehensive coverage of the UAE culture and heritage, hotel/resort facilities and products.
– Actively promote tours and safaris and secure customer interest in product offerings to achieve pre-defined sales targets and contribute to revenue budget.
– Compile and submit all sales (cash and credit cards) to head office as per unit schedule and ensure that all sales are accounted for through accurate submission of sales reports.
– Conduct daily visits to specified hotels to meet customers and to answer queries.
– Ensure that all formalities such as flight re-confirmation and return transfers to the airport are booked by the relevant teams and convey this information to customers in a timely manner.
– ACCOUNTABILITIES SPECIFIC TO AIRPORT REPRESENTATIVE
Plan, co-ordinate and prepare all pre-arrival documentation (i.e. name boards, visas/documents, welcome packs etc.) and ensure that customers are met and assisted in a timely and professional manner.
– Monitor flight information screens to establish flight arrival/departure times and assign staff to meet customers and escort them to the desk.
– Brief customers on the content of the welcome pack and ensure they are met at the respective luggage belt, if required assist them with issues related to lost/damaged baggage.
– Retrieve information from the company systems and passenger lists and prepare a report of incoming bookings to enable the incoming shift leader to plan manpower and equipment resources.
– Liaise with the transport team and rent-a-car companies with regards to hotel transfers and ensure that customers are escorted to their respective transport.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– 10 Years schooling or equivalent .
– Commercial/Sales.Other : 5+ Years .
– Experience in customer services roles in the travel/tourism industry
– DTCM licence an advantage
– Valid UAE driving license or an international license that can be converted
– Sound knowledge of the UAE would be an advantage
– Ability to thrive in a team environment
– Resilient and flexible approach with the ability to respond to customer and company needs
– Besides English: Fluency in one additional language such as Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Italian, Japanese
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online