The primary role of the Chief Architect is to provide hands-on architecture leadership, guidance and mentoring to the different technical teams within Emirates Group, be a close collaborator and trusted advisor to the VP of Architecture, and ensure the delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions. Be a key member of the Architecture management team that drives the technology vision and strategy for the Emirates Group.
– Define a robust architecture for building new applications and modernising existing applications, leveraging and enhancing existing building blocks or creating new reusable components;
– Provide technical leadership to the development team(s);
– Build early prototypes of product components and validate them for technical design and performance;
– Understand the long-term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology;
– Define Reference Architectures and architectural blue prints around Micro services/SOA, Information Architecture, IOT Architecture, Mobility/Presentation Architectures etc.
– Be an evangelist and strong communicator of the architectural blueprints of our product to mobilize the rest of the organization to build solutions that fit our customer’s needs;
– Be responsive and decisive on adjusting our product architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technology evolve;
– Partner with others inside and outside the engineering organization to gather all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution;
– Work with the development team to translate the software architecture into design;
– Actively participate in the development process, as needed;
– Work closely with product management, engineering, quality assurance, sales and professional services teams throughout the organization.
– Contribute to IT strategy by providing inputs on matters relating to Enterprise architecture and standards.
– Influence the IT department to set standards and best practices for technologies and optimise business processes and reduce data duplication.
– Highly motivated with the ability to work on a multiple projects simultaneously (100+ Projects) leading a team of architects.
Experience in architecting and maintaining IT systems that include technology components like:
– Well-versed with modern browser technologies HTML5/CSS3/ES6+
– Knowledge of modern JS frameworks: React / Angular / Vue / others
– Knows about latest features of ever-green browsers
– Knows at least one native technology:
– iOS: Swift (backed up with Objective C)
– Android: Java (knowledge of Kotlin is appreciated)
– Knowledge of cross platform frameworks:
– Primarily: React Native
– (Knowledge of others like Cordova/Xamarin is appreciated)
– Knows about latest features of mobile phones
– Experience with DevOps / Continuous Delivery
– Technologies such as Docker / Kubernetes / Jenkins
– Knows server side technologies (preferably Java-Spring Boot / NodeJS)
– Good understanding of REST / HTTP-protocol
– Experience with design for scalability and availability
– Knows how to manage connections to a complex backend landscape together with wider architecture team
– Knows Microservice architecture
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Information Technology 15+ Years
Experience of which at least five years should be at a senior level related to IT architecture or design.
Experience gained in both corporate and multi-cultural environments would be an added benefit.
– Business Information Architecture
– Systems architecture & Standards
– Business process improvement
– Technical strategy and planning
– Emerging technology monitoring
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online