– To research and identify new start up or venture opportunities for dnata Travel to invest in, based on the direction of the Head of New Ventures.
– Manage the setup and launch of new ventures until they are able to operate independently.
Core activities and role focus
– Develop and maintain the business strategy and the value proposition of the new venture.
– Responsible for developing and managing the venture plan during setup, launch and stabilisation period.
– For each venture, define the go-to-market approach and Minimum Viable Product.
– To research, identify and recommend new business opportunities for dnata Travel. Prepare/evaluate feasibility studies and make recommendations to senior management.
– Identify resource requirements for the venture (pre & post launch).
– Manage allocation of tasks across resources.
– Manage relationships with all stakeholders to ensure the successful launch of the venture.
– Manage recruitment of resources to ensure successful launch of venture.
– Lead the delivery of all activities required to launch the venture.
– Lead all negotiations with suppliers, developers and partners.
– Oversee any technical development of the venture.
– Manage all resources allocated to the venture.
– Manage all risks, issues, and actions related to the launch of the new ventur
– Escalate all material deviations from agreed plan.
– Execute all allocated activities required to launch and stabilise the venture.
– Manage the transitional of the new venture to the new line management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
– Commercial/Sales 8+ Years
– Research/Analysis 8+ Years
– Experience in a range of functional areas of a large organisation, specialising in the identification, evaluation and implementation of new projects.
– Commercial and legal acumen, strong negotiating and influence skills are required.
– Soft skills to deal with senior level business managers and external parties would be required.
– Should be a balanced all-rounder with good financial skills and business focus.
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. This managerial role has extensive travel benefits, excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation and transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online