The Associate Director of Campus Services is one of the three supervisors reporting to the Director of Campus Services, responsible for the overall management, supervision, planning and efficient operations of the Campus Services Department in Abu Dhabi. Also deputizes for the Director of Campus Services during vacation time.
• Supports the Director of Campus Services for developing, recommending and administering Campus Services Departmental practices, processes and procedures.
• Works as a Business Partner with all units of the University to meet their strategic Campus Services needs and deliver a high level of professional services to the ZU community.
• and other senior University leaders as appropriate to ensure highest standards of Campus Services operations.
• In conjunction with the Director of Campus Services supervises and manages (plans, organizes, develops and controls) the Campus Services Department in Abu Dhabi which consists of:
o The University Travel Services unit to ensure optimum services to clients while managing resources to ensure that outsourcing of transport is minimum.
o The University Business/Service Centers & Switchboard to serve the faculty, staff and student population which will be a revenue generating source as well as a service unit for the University.
o The University Contract Services in Abu Dhabi, specifically but not limited to the contracts for food services and convenience stores.
o Develops in conjunction with the Campus Services Director new contracts for Campus Services which add value to the student experience at Zayed University.
o Oversees all major events taking place at the university Conference Center & Event Management Abu Dhabi for their smooth facilitation.
Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
• Responsible for the planning and budgeting process for Abu Dhabi Campus.
• Manages the planning and logistics for major events taking place at Abu Dhabi convention Center to support the development of the commercial base of the center ensuring profitability.
• Works closely with new vendors on the Abu Dhabi Campus to ensure they meet the required standards of service on Campus.
• Will work with the specialized vendors on Abu Dhabi campus to ensure effective and efficient service these include but are not limited to John Buck International and Interact Catering.
• Liaises with the client and supplier/vendor communities to ensure services are delivered in the most efficient way.
• Manages the Campus Services Team (including Travel Services, Business Center, Convention Center) in Abu Dhabi; Organizes and controls the activities of the team to ensure highest standard efficient departmental operations and service delivery.
• Participates in the hiring process for departmental staff.
• Manages the training and development of the Campus Services Abu Dhabi team and carries out the annual performance evaluation for each of the Department’s staff
• Prepares reports for Campus Services Director on progress and recommends changes in Campus Operations
• Undertakes other duties and committee responsibilities as and when may be assigned
• Responsible for the successful transition of the Campus Services team to the new Abu Dhabi Campus
• Works with various committees to ensure contingency plans are in place for the department during the transition to new Abu Dhabi Campus
• Clients include other University units, faculty, staff, academic administrators, students, consultants and advisors, and VIP guests. As well as external clients in the case of the Convention Center many of whom may be high level government officials
• Represents the Campus Services Department Abu Dhabi in dealing within the University on client service and operational matters
• Represents the Campus Services Department and the University in dealings with outside suppliers and vendors
• Success of contacts and quality of interaction very much determine the effectiveness of the Campus Services Department and its services
• Must possess relevant advanced training/education and qualification; e.g. bachelor’s degree in business / management /hospitality and a minimum of 12 years experience in the hospitality management sector including 7 years of management/supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, skill or experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Fluency in English
• Ability to travel between Abu Dhabi and Dubai
• Demonstrated expertise in event management/operations as well as sales and business development
• High Computer Literacy
• Commercial acumen and ability to gather and analyze market data
• Experience managing a startup operation
• Knowledge of the U.A.E Market
• Knowledge of event management systems and tracking tools
• Experience working in the academic environment
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive; it includes a competitive, income tax-free salary in the United Arab Emirates, housing allowance, and annual vacation ticket.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online