The Legal Counsel Region will support the legal needs of all Grid business unit activities in the [Region/PL], as assigned, from both a commercial and a compliance perspective
He/She manages and secures all legal aspects in commercial relationships of the Grid Sector’s companies with focus on projects for the supply of Alstom Grid’s products and solutions within the [Region/PL]
Network & Links
Internal customers: PL/Region VP, Unit Management, bid managers, project & contract managers, commercial teams, KAM, Region Management
Internal partners: Tax, Finance, Insurance, Risks Managers, other Grid/Alstom lawyers.
External suppliers: Partners, subcontractors, outside counsels, consultants.
External customers: Partners, customer’s in-house or outside counsels, Commercial, Financial, Tax Dpt.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Under the supervision of the Region Legal Director:
Legal support on Tenders
Secure the tenders by assisting the Business from tendering phase to the signature of the contract. Legal support includes (i) review and drafting of contracts, (ii) negotiations with customers and partners, (iii) assessment of the risks pertaining to the contract (or RFQ) and advising the management on such risks, (iv) propose innovative solutions for securing Alstom’s position while safeguarding customer intimacy, and (v) all internal communications of such risks to involved teams.
Legal support on Region sourcing projects for its business
Drafting and negotiating contracts with suppliers within the region such as various services agreements, subcontracting agreements, purchase agreements etc when associated to projects.
Manage pre-litigation cases with contract managers or project managers
Provide legal support to project managers in case of disputes or claims arising out of the execution of a contract to protect Alstom Grid’s interest and try to settle the disputes and avoid any litigation risks.
General Legal Compliance and Reporting
High priority is to keep the Region Legal Director fully and timely aware of all commercial and HR-related litigation and compliance risks at all sites. Work with other team members to establish a compliance program for all contracts; responsibility for assuring compliance.
Communicate on Alstom’s internal rules and ensure their respect
Ensure that the projects followed are in line with Alstom’s internal rules and more particularly with Alstom Code of Ethics, EHS and ebook instructions.
Set up and/or review standard legal documents for the Business
Setting up or review standard legal documents used by the Business.
Co-animate trainings with Senior Legal Counsel/Legal Director
· Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in ebook and on site
· Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner
Health and Safety
· Demonstrate commitment to safety through participation in formal and informal discussions
· Adhere to all safe working procedures in accordance with instructions
· Ensure safety work instructions are complied
· Participate in the resolution of safety issues.
· Initiate actions to improve health and safety where needed
· Provision of effective legal support
· Building/maintaining close working relationships with the Sales & Tendering teams of the Region/Product Line
· Active participation in Tender reviews, TAC meetings and other Project approval meetings applicable in the Region
· Timely provision of comments/amendments for tenders and validation of BUSTAMs.
· Actively contribute to the Region Legal Department training objectives
· Appropriate reporting to the Region Legal Director when needed or required
· Assisting with interpretation and application of Alstom Code of Ethic and procedures
· Compliance with ebook policies and procedures
· Appraisal of quality of work by its manager and also through regular returns by the Business.
· Safety leadership and performance
· Zero safety deviations, no safety non-conformances
Master’s degree (Master/LLM/LLB/JD) in Business Law (+ specific degree depending on the Region)
Desired Knowledge & Experience
2 to 6 years of experience in an international environment for a multinational company.
Experience in contract reviews and negotiation, desirably in an international environment
Fluency in English & local language.
Ability to draft contracts and negotiate in both languages
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online