To efficiently and effectively manage the commercial activities of the Prime Contract to ensure Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) commercial risk exposure to conflict, claims and dispute is minimized and controlled.
1. Prime Contract Schedule Analysis
• Support and work collaboratively with Commercial team to integrate and streamline Claims Management with Change Management.
• Provide schedule advice to Commercial team for Change and Claims related issues.
• Conduct extensive, detailed analysis of events which may, or already have, impact on the Prime Contract Schedule including delay, acceleration and re-sequencing to determine contractual entitlement.
• Ability to conduct analysis to determine extent of culpability of each Party to the Prime Contract on critical path and non-critical path events that may give rise to entitlement to additional time and cost.
2. Claims and Dispute Resolution
• Ability to work independently on contentious issues and claim related matters.
• Ensure time and risk issues are being commercially controlled.
• Ensure ENEC commercial interests are best protected by minimising potential for claim issues arising.
• Ensure defense mechanisms are in place to minimise risk of claims and disputes being pursued by Contractor.
• Negotiate claims and development of counter-claims.
• Extensive forensic delay analysis to determine extent of entitlement to time related issues.
• Prepare presentations and reports on Schedule related issues for senior management, internal and external legal counsel and other external parties involved in the dispute resolution process.
3. General Commercial and Contractual Issues
• Familiar with and application of Prime Contract obligations of both Parties by reference to terms and conditions.
• Discussion and negotiation of schedule related issues with Prime Contractor with a view to ensuring a non-adversarial resolution.
• Provide regular concise internal reporting of Claims and Dispute Resolution issues relating to Prime Contract.
• Liaise with external consultants to ensure timely deliverables are achieved.
• Liaise with internal subject matter experts to understand, analyse and process schedule related issues.
• Train and mentor junior staff (including Emirati’s) on forensic schedule analysis.
4. People Management
• Manage the effective achievement of organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance
• Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy
• Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance
5. Stakeholder Engagement
• Facilitate communication both internally and externally in order to build and nurture mutually beneficial working relationships
6. Excellence & Quality Management
• Ensure commitment to culture of excellence and Quality Management by implementing best practices, complying with excellence requirements in terms of policies, procedures and systems, and exceeding stakeholders expectations
• Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, by delivery of the HSE Management Program to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online