In this role, your main responsibilities will include;
• Reviewing transport requirements and provide related consulting support to ABB LBU and project manager.
• Compiling transport cost estimate for budgetary purposes.
• Identifying suitable project freight forwarders (within pool of approved providers).
• Issuing request for quotation and conduct commercial and technical review of quotations.
• Determining restrictions and limitations on the modes of transport imposed by national and / or international legislations.
• Keeping abreast of changes in regulatory laws which affect ABB activities and shipping programs through continuous review of technical publications, newspapers, and communications with the transport providers.
• Reviewing the provider’s method statement for the transport of out – of – gauge and / or heavy materials.
• Performing provider and ABB factory quality audits.
• If required, physically accompanying the movement of special or critical material in order to observe the loading, transport and unloading of such material from point of origin to jobsite.
• Reviewing proposed modes of transport, material description and shipping terms and conditions to ensure that proper rates and routes are used.
• Keeping abreast of Trade Compliance, customs rules and regulations including the investigation of applicable VAT / Tax procedures and implications both domestic and abroad.
• Preparing contract and purchase order with chosen transport freight forwarder.
• Reviewing and approve / deny pricing exceptions per contractual arrangement.
• Monitoring shipments while in transit and follow up on deviations.
• Keeping relevant procedures and practices updated.
• Per project, preparing a logistics plan for optimal use of transport services and maintaining it up to date.
• Communicating with relevant external stakeholders as applicable (e.g. port authorities, stevedoring companies, insurance surveyors and risk assessors, jobsite team, banks, customs authorities etc.).
• Supporting Accounts Payable and Freight Settlement for freight payment reconciliation.
As the ideal candidate, you will have Bachelors degree in engineering, supply chain management, and / or logistics management from an accredited university / college, Minimum of 05 years of experience in the field of project logistics, project freight management or heavy lift transportation, Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment, Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as provider personnel, Strong written and verbal communications skills, Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel, MS Project and Outlook required, Strong project management skills, Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency, Team player with flexibility in working different shifts, Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specified location.
ABB reserves the right to withdraw the publication at any given moment.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: .Apply Online