The Aircraft Technician is responsible for carrying out maintenance tasks on Emirates and third party aircraft components in accordance with laid down procedures and regulations. The Aircraft Technician will work as part of a team under the direction and guidance of the assigned Licensed Aircraft Engineer within the trade disciplines for which they have been trained.
These positions will be based in the Emirates Engine Maintenance Centre and require experience in one or more of the following areas:
– Non destructive testing
– Mechanical and Chemical Cleaning
– Calibration for the test cell
– To carry out routine aircraft/engine/component servicing/ maintenance and/or approved structural repairs compliant to manufacturers procedures whilst observing all safety procedures for fluid replenishment, aircraft refuelling, aircraft systems charging/servicing as required.
– To complete any component replacement and other maintenance activities as directed by immediate supervisor. This will include the ability to obtain and understand Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM), Illustrated Parts catalogue (IPC), Component Maintenance Manual (CMM) or other approved documentation required to carry out this task.
– Assist Licensed Aircraft Engineers in trouble shooting, defect rectifications and carrying out modifications while also performing instructions contained in job card.
– Participate and promote in creating a safety culture in an effort to minimize accidents and highlight deficiencies/failures that can lead to such accidents. Ensure all work locations are kept clean and excellent housekeeping conditions are maintained. This includes being aware and communicating safety shortfalls. To avoid FOD will be vigilant in ensuring work areas (including the ramp), vehicles, stands, lockers and that toolboxes are regularly audited, maintained and kept clean.
– Should be fully conversant with airport safety regulations including holding and maintaining an airport driving permit. Should be fully conversant with airport manoeuvring area requirements and be able to comply.
– Work closely with supervisor, through the PM review system to agree on development plans including training, strengths and weaknesses and time frames for completion. Grooming standards maintained and attendance to be maintained.
– Ensure prompt attendance to all allocated tasks with the intent to maximize the ground time and avoid operational delays/disruptions. This will include obtaining aircraft/ component status brief from LAEs/ reports and preparing accordingly. Should be able to communicate any aircraft/ component/ structural defects found to the LAE in an expedient manner and ensure during shift handovers all required information is clearly passed to the staff taking over before leaving the said aircraft/ workshop.
– Ensure that all components are inspected, maintained, repaired, overhauled and/ or modified in accordance with the approved documents, procedures and manuals (CMMs, SRMs etc.) complying with the requirements of Emirates Airline, component manufacturers and the Airworthiness Authorities.
– On completion of all work carried out on components, ensuring the information is recorded and that all records are forwarded to the relevant sections for the appropriate action and record keeping.
– Ensure the correct tools, general equipment and test equipment are being used to accomplish component related tasks.
– Ensure the Engines/components or Auxiliary Power Units (APU) are maintained In Accordance With (IAW) the approved documentation issued by approved authorities ensuring compliance is maintained to the latest revisions applicable to Technical Publications e.g. Engines documentation, Technical Notices, Quality Notices, EPMs …etc.
– To carry out disassembly/assembly and/or modification, repairs, refurbishment and detailed inspection, testing and certification of Engines/modules/APU as per Engine manual.
– To control and maintain proper records of all inspections/ certification/ repair documents/testing of every engine/ component or APU worked on.
– To ensure only proper and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) recommended tools, equipment (balancing and Grinding machine) and test equipment are used to accomplish the task.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Engineering.Other : 5+ Years
Experience in Non Destructive Testing, mechanical and chemical cleaning and calibration preferred.
Vocational or Diploma (12+2 or equivalent) :
National / Higher National Diploma (12+2 or equivalent) or Apprenticeship in Mechanical, Electronic, Avionics or Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent training with a reputable airline or an approved maintenance organisation. Experience post basic training in an Aircraft Maintenance environment or 5+ years’ experience in Structures or Component Maintenance for the applicable workshop. .
Safety Sensitive role- Yes
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online