The Department of Education, within the College of Arts and Sciences at Abu Dhabi University, invites applications for a full time faculty position at the rank of Full Professor in curriculum and instruction. The appointments will begin on August 25, 2014 or later. Applications will be accepted till the position is filled.
Full Professor in curriculum and instruction.
The Position: Duties include teaching graduate-level Curriculum and Instruction courses, advising graduate students, conducting research, and interfacing with local and national organizations. The successful candidate is expected to conduct an active research agenda that addresses the issues that curriculum leaders as well as educators and learners face. The applicant must have the ability to communicate clearly, utilize technology in instruction, and provide service to the department, college, university and profession.
• Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction (Arabic/ Islamic Education) / Teacher Education.
• Master of Education (Arabic/ Islamic Education).
• Bilingual (Arabic and English)
• Successful experience teaching a range of Education courses at the graduate level.
• Higher Education teaching experience.
• Strong research interests and demonstrated scholarship.
• Familiarity with Education course content.
• Desire to collaborate successfully with colleagues and contribute to Education Department team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of building and maintaining successful relationships with diverse student populations.
• Experience in teaching graduate courses,
• Experience in mentoring/supervision of practicum students in multi-cultural settings.
• Experience with educational technology (higher education and in K-12 classrooms).
• Experience working with students at elementary and secondary level.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online