The Department of Applied Biology in the UOS has a vacant position for a full professor in the specialty of Applied Microbiology commencing from February 2016. Candidates should have a Ph.D. degree from a reputable University in Applied Microbiology with more than 10 years of teaching and research experience at the University level after PhD.
Candidates must have track record of research in Applied Microbiology for more than 10 years as evidenced by a strong research publication record in peer-reviewed journals. Successful candidates are expected to contribute to teaching to both undergraduate and post courses such basic and advanced microbiology, microbial genetics, microbial processing and biotechnology, environmental biotechnology and general biology. They are also expected to develop research in their fields and contribute effectively to the supervision of undergraduate and graduate research projects.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should send their updated CVs which should include details of degrees obtained, teaching experience, list of publications and names of three referees. Candidates who do not fulfill the above criteria will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
1. Ph.D. in Applied Microbiology
2. Teaching experience, more than 10 years 3. Publication with clear research agenda
1. Teach general courses including applied such basic and advanced microbiology, microbial genetics, microbial processing and biotechnology, environmental biotechnology, as well as general biology
2. Develop research area in Applied microbiology.
3. Preparing research proposals, and augment dissemination of research findings for publication in internationally reputable peer reviewed journals.
4. Supervise Undergraduate and Graduate students for their research projects
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online