To provide a high level of customer service to EK Group business units, it is important that Emirates IT retains business and domain expertise in its customer service units. The job holder will be a domain expert for the assigned business area ( preferable logistics experience ) and will provide consulting service to the customers and to Emirates IT project teams. The job holder will analyse customer business plans, processes and practices as well as industry trends and will make recommendations in quantifiable terms on where IT system changes could produce benefits such as reduction in unit cost of operation, enhanced productivity and improved decision support.
– The candidate must demonstrate and be a role model in adopting ‘Design Thinking’ Approach. Should be able to coach the teams to conduct discovery sessions, visualise business scenarios, and model the business processes.
– Candidate should be able to work in Agile-team structures, work closely with product managers, product owners, scrum masters and represent in Scrum of Scrums. The candidate must also foster the culture of Co-creation of solutions with the relevant stakeholders from business and IT together.
– The candidate must demonstrate very strong understanding of industry leading practices on Enterprise Architecture that include Business Architecture, Information Architecture and Technology Architecture. Key focus and exposure should be on Business Architecture and Business solution design. This should include setting up processes to make sure that the standards are consistently followed across all the initiatives.
– Use domain expertise to model customer business functions and process and recommend initiatives where Emirates IT could add value. Work with the BITM to develop these initiatives and present them to decision makers within the customer business unit.
– Monitor changes in IT best practices and in the customer’s business environment. Regularly and proactively review how these changes might impact Emirates IT’s ability to improve its services. Liaise with relevant IT departments to ensure that changes in customer’s business processes are reflected in the applications, data structures and technical architectures used by the business unit.
– Analyse, capture and document business objectives and functional requirements and translate them into requirements and solution definition documents as per QMS for system solutions in a comprehensive, meaningful and well structured manner. This includes ensuring that the proposed business solution will deliver the expected benefits. Obtain business sign-off for the above from senior business users.
– Assist Project Managers as required on projects relevant to the customer unit by, for example, writing specification documents or by providing domain advice for application support and development, manage functional implementation and user training activities etc.
– Ensure that the business area knowledge acquired is passed on to other key IT personnel involved in servicing the business area.
– Produce the logical systems design (detailing business information flow/process) for a proposed solution. This includes detailed business use cases, system use cases, entity relationship modelling, function hierarchy diagramming and process modelling, function to entity mapping and attributing the entities etc as appropriate to the methodology being used.
– Conduct and manage functional implementation, business process studies, user training on new systems and processes for both internal and external customers as appropriate.
– Provide all assistance to the Project Managers/project teams on impact analysis and functional requirement documentation of enhancements, as assigned.
– Assist BIM in providing inputs to Sales and Market Development initiatives, such as
Requests for Proposals
Application demos, presentations and pre-sales related workshops
Business cases and proposals
– Set clear and consistent performance objectives, implement performance management and development plans to ensure standards of performance and productivity are achieved and maintained enabling a high performance culture
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Information Technology Others : 8+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Experience in a similar capacity in related Business areas of which at least 5 years should preferably have been in the transportation industry. A proven track record in business system analysis is preferred.
Research, Business analysis, Business Domain Knowledge, Logistic Domain
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.We offer our employee’s competitive remuneration packages, attractive travel benefits, and career development supported by multi-million dollar training facilities in Dubai, and e-Learning programmes for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
Please click here to Apply Online