– Provide support to relevant finance section through generation of financial entries and invoices, perform basic level of receipting and payment function with reconciliation of clearing accounts which are maintained and controlled by the relevant finance section.
– Provide high level of administrative support within the section ensuring high quality and accurate services.
– Log invoices in the system upon receipt in the correct supplier account and obtain further certification to enable invoices to be processed promptly. Identify invoices to be returned to the supplier where information is inadequate.
– Update the financial system with complete and accurate details to enable generation of invoices, payment voucher, receipts and other financial documents and entries on time.
– Check documentation to identify deviations from set accounting procedures and practices on payments, receipts, accruals, prepayments, recoverable and advances reporting results to immediate supervisor for appropriate action.
– Generate and dispatch financial documents and check that financial entries created in the accounting system are backed by adequate supporting documents.
– Maintain manual or system based records of process requests, enquiries, complaints, claims, payment vouchers and reconciliation statements and identify queries relating to discrepancies which need to be escalated to the immediate supervisor, providing information and support to enable the query to be resolved as soon as possible.
– Respond to queries raised on a daily basis from staff, other finance sections or external clients (e.g. debtors) as appropriate, investigating queries where necessary to ensure a prompt and accurate response.
– Perform allocation and a basic level of reconciliation based on predefined parameters for various clearing accounts, debtor, creditor, petty cash, reimbursement, deduction and accrual accounts so that all transactions are appropriately and accurately booked in the correct accounts.
– Check the Credit Card Clearing Account on monthly basis to ensure all credit card transactions are billed to relevant credit card companies and accounts reflect the correct balance.
– Monitor Revenue Accounting System to ensure prompt billing to credit card companies for documents issued against credit cards and handle the rejections / charge backs from the credit card companies to ensure dues from the credit card companies are recovered in time.
– Release the credit buffer to clients, whose payments have been received on a periodic basis, updating the system with the temporary limit in order to facilitate further business. In unclear or ambiguous cases, contact the respective Credit Controller with suggestions for approval to release the credit buffer.
– Generate supplier cheques for signature by relevant authority based on appropriate supporting documents after checking if approvals and authorizations are in line with the Company policy as per Authorities Manual.
– Perform various transaction processing and accounting activities of Customer Service Initiative (CSI) to meet requirements of SLAs and ensure customer expectations are met and services are delivered as per agreed standards, through maximizing utilization of time by proper prioritization of assigned tasks. Ensure right skillsets are acquired within training period and assigned tasks, whether specific or shared, are continuously delivered.
– Tally cash collected and banked with the sales report on a daily basis from various dnata, Emirates and customer services locations. Escalate discrepancies such as cash shortages immediately to the relevant supervisor/ manager of the unit to investigate further, provide the customer services supervisor with full details if the discrepancy cannot be resolved.
– Receipt daily collections from various dnata, Emirates and customer services locations into the debtor and Group Ledger accounts. Update the business and operational systems with information such as debtor?s receipts and exchange rates as required. Be flexible to work in any of customer services locations with different shift patterns.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Finance & Insurance. Accounts: 3+ years
12 years schooling or equivalent
– Computer literate with proficiency in the use of MS Office and particularly in Excel
– Ability to multi-task
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online