To manage one of the below revenue management disciplines (i.e. Flight, Pricing, Demand) to ensure revenue per available seat kilometre and yield is maximised and Emirates competitive position is maintained on a regional and network basis. Ensure and maintain accurate forecasts through the formulation of market analysis and strategies facilitating pro-active decision making in offering/withdrawing prices and inventory thus optimising network revenue. Develop and maintain expertise around revenue management principals and techniques, and propose innovative ideas to further enhance application of revenue management.
– On a daily basis evaluate market trends, forward bookings, competitor behaviour, performance of past initiatives and offer proactive recommendations and actions to drive network revenue. Using data sourced from multiple sources such as PROS, local sales offices, ATPCO, pricing systems, assess competitor activity, recommend and prepare competitive responses and strategies aimed at retaining market share and optimising revenue.
– Optimise network revenues across all Origins and Destinations, including new routes, using processes, procedures and controls related to Pricing, Origin and Destination forecasting and flight optimisation through inventory control
– Ensure RO standards and procedures are followed to through both the regional RO Market Operations team, Inventory and Commercial Operations.
– Provide guidance and requirements to both the RO Standards and Procedures team and the RO Systems team on operational requirements for business process and system development.
– Manage internal relationships ensuring Revenue Optimisation alignment with Commercial objectives alongside those of other internal stake holders, SVP-CO, RM-CO, Area/Sales Managers, Corporate Communications, Skywards, EGIT, EKAS, Planning and other departments.
– Achieve seat factor and revenue factor targets through the control of overbooking and class-mix. Set and maintain PROS system parameters for flight management. Monitor flights where there is potential for revenue enhancement or reduction in Direct Operating Costs. Monitor holiday traffic and group bookings on all future departures to ensure that optimum seats are protected for high yield passengers.
– Ensure route level yield targets are met. Co-ordinate with sales areas to support the achievement of targets including the handling of YM space and through point of sale control. Co-ordinate with sales areas to support the achievement of targets including the handling of YM space and through point of sale control.
– Analyse passenger demand at flight level based on historical data, capacity, competitor environment and other factors. Manage flight booking and overbooking profiles whilst maintaining an optimal class and traffic mix for the allocated flights.
– Develop and propose revenue integrity and inventory protection strategies for the assigned routes. Conduct regular review of such controls with the Market Operations and Standards and Procedures teams to ensure the controls are relevant for the specific sales channels within the assigned markets.
– Evaluate group requests based on group displacement costs and space for ad-hoc group requests.
Pricing (Individual and Group)
– Perform comprehensive evaluation and analysis of all online and interline are proposals for both individual or group travel received from various Area Managers, EK local sales offices and general sales agents and approve, disapprove or negotiate and recommend appropriate action vis a vis pricing authorization;
– Proactively develop other competitive and marketable pricing products, such as airpass schemes, added value programmes, ‘companion’ offers, etc., which support revenue/yield objectives and convey the merits and unique selling points of such products to the local sales offices.
– Develop, maintain and distribute to the local sales offices, pricing output in the form of circulars, agreements, website updates, group traffic agreements etc. which contain detailed instructions on the application of all pricing plans/programs;
– In collaboration with the local sales office, Pricing Distribution and Airline Partners, investigate and establish optimum distribution strategy for each point of sale using GDS, ‘Private’ GDS facilities, ‘Online’ booking facilities, email, paper distribution etc. Ensure market pricing strategies adhere to Emirates Pricing Standards and Procedures.
– Evaluate productivity based, corporate agreements based on performance criteria, including anticipated market share, issue approvals or recommendation for appropriate action.
– Managing point of sale O&D forecasting and optimisation systems by applying appropriate influences to ensure forecasts reflect market conditions and seats are available at fares that maximize revenue for Emirates
– Monitor and control forecasts at regional, point of sale and flight level using forecast error reports and communication with RO systems team. Ensure forecasts and controls are in place for the future troughs/peak periods. Identify strong/weak regions at a regional level to trigger programs in order to reduce the gap between targets and actuals. Disseminate forecast information to the field, highlight revenue earning opportunities;
– Analyse actual and forecast demand, yield and revenues using different variables – such as booking class, fare family, customer segment, point of sale, Origin & Destination. Evaluate market trends, forward bookings, competitor behaviour, performance of past initiatives and offer proactive recommendations (e.g. pricing actions) aimed at supporting local sales office revenue targets.
– Monitor, analyse and map POS OD group and individual passenger demand within the PROS OD system for holiday and special events to ensure POS OD demand and market/fare strategies are planned and evaluate across a rolling 52 week period. Lead and participate in holiday and special event workshops within key commercial, pricing and inventory stakeholders.
– Interact with the relevant flight analyst teams on a daily basis to provide data and direction on market demand trends, OD forecasts. Agree and plan POS OD strategies with the Inventory team that promotes both route revenue and POS OD revenue. Ensure agreed strategies are implemented using controls that are defined within the RO standards and procedures.
Standards Procedures / Quality Control
– Define a quality framework for each Macro RO process in functional areas of Demand, Pricing, Inventory, Groups, Partnerships, Pricing Distribution and Global Products.
– Understand the business process, data and systems underlying each process and lay out process integrity maps and quality control matrix for these processes. Define KPIs, and failure points associated with each process both from a human-error and system vulnerability standpoint.
– Establish a robust QC check criteria with Alerts, Exceptions against each process and work with Systems & Biz Support, Analytics, Performance Development and IT teams to implement the criteria. Publish regular updates on the QC results for each process. Monitor data, trends and outlier/error occurrences in each process.
– Continuously evolve the QC framework to adapt to new systems, new data and new best practices in RO. Provide critical input for system enhancements, data analytics and best practices to strengthen quality of RO processes based on QC findings.
– Manage the production of periodical reports for Revenue Optimisation users in order to measure airline performance vis-à-vis set targets and historical performance. This includes various trend and gap analyses.
– Run analytics for several what-if scenarios and sensitivity analyses in order to provide top quality business intelligence to support critical revenue management decisions.
– Monitor industry trends and macro-economic influences on the airline performance, identify material deviations and provide timely forewarning on adverse trends.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) with an emphasis on mathematics, business, marketing, pricing (revenue management) disciplines.
– Bachelors graduate 5+ years’ experience. In the airline industry with a relevant carrier, 3 years of which have been spent in the areas dealing with inventory management, demand modelling, fares, tariffs, ticketing, on-line passenger pricing or revenue management. Experience in the use of Revenue Management or other Commercial systems and methodologies preferred. Masters graduate will be considered with 2+ years exp.
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online