Role is responsible for developing, analysing and maintaining short and medium term plans (employees, contractors, consultants and guest auditors) and rosters for Internal Audit (the Department) in line with the Department’s strategy, endorsed annual audit plans and approved periodic change requests. Also for applying select/targeted data analytics and optimisation methods to develop and interpret scenarios that support management with alternative formulations and related decision making. These should enable the Department to deliver its services in an innovative and cost effective manner.
1. Facilitate activities relating to the resourcing budgets for the Department’s various competency areas (e.g. commercial, operations and group services) during the annual financial budget process, audit project planning processes and interim term updates.
2. Conceptualise, develop and empower Department managers on resource deployment rules keeping in view endorsed/approved audit plans, emerging risks and senior management requests. Transform/model these rules in the resource management system. Proactively drive and influence key Department stakeholders for effective implementation of redesigned rules and processes.
3. Formulate and apply data analytical modelling, quantitative analysis and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret “what-if” scenarios. Recommend actions considering the impact on Department resources and key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with IA’s strategy. Challenge where required to optimise resource plans for increased efficiency and coverage.
4. Plan optimised rosters for each competency area based on agreed roster rules and seasonal factors including public holidays and annual leave. Present optimised roster along with supporting management information systems (MIS)(e.g. roster coverage, gaps/overlaps, roster efficiency, etc.) to Department management, keeping in view the maximum utilisation of existing resources and ensuring necessary service levels are met within defined roster rules. Highlight areas of variation on resource requirements/audit demand.
5. Evaluate resource requirements/business cases prepared by audit team leaders for additional /replacement resources aligned with annual plans, management requests, KPIs and other parameters. Recommend the optimum resource requirement to meet business expectations.
6. Train and develop audit team leaders as required on rostering tools and techniques used by the Department, with specific reference to planning and allocation of resources to optimize project delivery efficiency and employee productivity.
7. Evaluate feedback from analysis of worked rosters/performance dashboards/reports on assignment rule variations. Utilise information to review and recommend revised assignment rostering standards to help foster an optimised plan-deliver-review cycle.
8. Support the Project Office Manager and provide coverage for other Talent & Audit Support (TAS) team members. Complete ad hoc tasks assigned to the TAS unit as and when required.
9. Prepare and maintain regular/ad hoc reports pertaining to KPIs, short and medium term resourcing status and requirements, engagement rules and master rosters on a weekly, monthly or annual basis for Department management to make informed resource related decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Degree of Honours (12+3 or equivalent), B usiness Management or Business related
5+ yrs Resource Planning and/or fields related to resource management and scheduling
Strong analytical ability, and diagnostic and problem solving skills
Effective communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills
Creativity and lateral thinking
Systematic documentation of project reports/systems and processes
Well versed with the knowledge of standard PC packages namely:
• Database (MS-Access)
• Spreadsheet (MS-Excel)
• Word processing (MS-Word)
• Computer graphics (MS-PowerPoint)
• Project management (MS-Projects or similar)
• Data visualisation (Tableau).
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in
Please click here to Apply Online