To account for and review of financial transactions in an accurate manner for designated area of Corporate Accounts to support timely closure of financial periods.
– Accounting for group companies performance with emphasis on timeliness, completeness and accuracy of accounting. (e.g. share of results, management fees / interest and other transactions), ensuring month close timelines are met
– Review accounting entries pertaining to designated Profit and Loss (P&L) and Balance Sheet accounts by investigating movements / variances in the balances to ensure quality/accuracy of reporting.
– Responsible for maintain accurate balances of designated ledger accounts to ensure that they are up-to-date and reconciled as per schedule. This would involve follow-up within / outside the section and also with other Emirates Group entities to resolve pending items to ensure that year-end adjustments are kept to the minimum.
– Review periodic financial submissions received from group companies for completeness, accuracy and compliance with group accounting policies.
– Liaise with other group departments / entities as may be required to resolve any discrepancies, balance reconciliations relating to intercompany balances.
– Attain proficiency in use of Group consolidation system, maintain accurate, up to date documentation on manual and system process followed in the section as a part of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and user guides. Ensure that changes in procedures are promptly updated and communicated to the team. Identify enhancements and modifications required to improve the processes, present potential enhancements/ modification to line manager for consideration.
– High level of involvement in the quarterly / half year / annual financial year end reporting- includes assisting in compilation of group consolidated financial statements and other reporting requirements.
– Assist the group audit process by providing ensuring relevant schedules, information and responses to audit queries on a prompt basis.
– Collate necessary information / details from group companies and assist in compilation of ad-hoc / periodic reports to support any group wide requirements / analysis
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent).
– Qualified / Semi Qualified accountant preferred
– Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in in Finance, Accounting or Audit
– Knowledge/skills: Proficient with the use of MS Office specifically Excel. Knowledge of Cognos Controller, Oracle Financials or Hyperion is an advantage
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online