Manage the month end closing of the financial books, the timely capitalisation of fixed assets (FA) after completing analytical reviews and authenticating the quality of reconciliations to ensure that the financial numbers are complete and accurate. Provide key support in the preparation and audit of the Groups,Financial Statements. Review Group company submissions for timeliness, completeness and accuracy analysing movements in balances and then conclude the consolidation process.
– Manage the monthly closing of the books after completing pre-closing checks and handling exceptions with the concerned sections / departments to ensure that the financial numbers are complete and accurate. This will entail the review of balance sheet nominals through a process of validating balances through a variety of checks e.g. using trends, awareness of the business, the accounting entry flow, change in activity levels etc
– Manage the end-to-end financial accounting functions (i.e. accrual, reconciliation and controls) over certain receivables and payables in high value business areas i.e. aircraft operating lease rentals and deposits, aviation fuel, aircraft and other insurance, interest receivable on bank deposits, corporate income tax, equity accounting of group company results, recharges to external parties.
– Maintain control over the timely capitalisation on FA into the appropriate asset classes and depreciation rates. Manage the monthly closing of the FA books after performing a pre-closing review and clearing the exceptions to ensure an accurate and complete set of books.
– Circulate comprehensive project status reports that include commentary on actual cost v/s commitments, cost over-runs, highlight costs ineligible for capitalisation and support the different Project Managers during the project lifecycle with the cost updates. Projects may span a wide variety of capex spend e.g. aircraft related including sale and leaseback, retrofits, retirements, IT software and hardware, construction and refurbishments etc
– Review Group company submissions for timeliness, completeness and accuracy. Analyse the movements in balances, obtaining explanations for significant variations with an aim to respond to audit queries. Adjust Group company financials, where necessary, to align them with Group accounting policies and IFRS.
– Complete the consolidation process of incorporating Group company financials and support the audit of the consolidation. This will entail obtaining additional information for financial statements disclosures and regularly updating the reporting pack to meet changes in the reporting requirements
– Define Chart of Accounts disciplines to be followed by all departments to ensure uniformity in accounting. This involves specifying reconciliation disciplines to be followed, specifying and testing interface controls from various systems to GL and drawing up / revising the flow of accounting entries in line with International Accounting Standards
– Manage the reconciliation of GL nominals under the responsibility of the section by extracting / interfacing data from internal operating systems as well as external systems, ensuring that any revenue leakage is promptly identified and appropriately high-lighted to Management.
– Review the quality of reconciliations in the other sections and support them with providing automated solutions (e.g. develop modules to pick up exceptions due to vast volumes etc) so that efficiency of the process is increased. These solutions would have to be continually fine-tuned considering the constantly changing processes and new business initiatives with a view to cover the risks associated with the changes.
This would entail changing processes, methods of /approaches to reconciliation. This can only be possible by obtaining the buy-in from the other finance sections.
– Manage the team by allocation of objectives, resources to achieve the work plan as per deadlines. Conduct timely PM reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Professionally qualified accountant – ACA / ACCA
Financial accounting and reporting 5+ Years
Experience in a large organisation, preferably within the travel industry
Strong accounting and technical skills in a service company with different lines of business operating in a
multiple currency environment.
Ability to analyse complex and large financial databases
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund. It has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1= Dh3.66. Besides travel benefits normally associated with an airline, more information on employee benefits is available within the ‘Working Here’ section of this site. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the site you can also consider the benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
Please click here to Apply Online